Clitheroe Street Works is an impressive canalside development by local and renowned developers J.D. & M.H. Cotterill, priding themselves on building to a high specification and with attention to details. The development offers modern day living in a variety of forms and the location in the heart of Skipton give easy access to all local amenities and transport links. Comprising of four three bedroom semi-detached and two three bedroom detached properties all with outside space and parking. The apartment complex constructed above the covered parking, offering ground floor and duplex living. With allocated parking and visitor parking, optional lock up storage, lifts to all floors and communal grounds.
Constructed with a steel portal structure with traditional block work and natural course sand stone and highly insulated cavity construction wrapped around natural stone heads and cills to provide a quiet, durable and warm living environment. The covered parking for the apartments has a secure remote controlled gated entry system giving you that peace of mind of safety and security.
Finished to a high specification with modern Howdens kitchens throughout, contemporary bathrooms with white sanitary ware and all come with a 10 year warranty from Nexus EBA.
SKIPTON Known as the ‘Gateway to the Dales’, Skipton is a thriving and historic market town on the edge of the stunning Yorkshire Dales National Park, with strong agricultural connections and a magnificent castle dating back to the 11th Century. Its colourful High Street hosts a market four days a week on the cobbled setts, along with a wide choice of shops, restaurants and public houses. The Leeds-Liverpool Canal runs through the town with its pretty towpath walks and for families there is an excellent choice of schooling at both Primary and Secondary level. Small wonder that in 2014 Skipton was voted by The Sunday Times as the best place to live in Britain, receiving commendations for its “ideal combination of low crime rates, top-class schools and great transport links”, and in 2017 the Office of National Statistics revealed that Skipton is officially the happiest place to live in the UK!
APARTMENTS 11-23 Twelve immaculate and spacious duplex apartments finished to a high specification. The layout gives them a homely feel while still enjoying all the benefits of apartment living. Three generous bedrooms and contemporary shower room. The light and airy sitting room also boasts a south facing balcony (except plot 17 which has a Juliette balcony). A modern kitchen overlooking the canal and downstairs finish off these fabulous duplex apartments.
– Steel portal framed structure with traditional block-work and natural coursed sand stone highly insulated cavity construction.
– Wrapped around natural heads and cills.
– Seamless guttering and rainwater goods.
– Concrete tiled roof covering over highly insulated steel portal frame.
– Highly insulated timber decking over concrete floor slabs.
– High standard insulated acoustic ceilings between properties.
– High standard insulated masonry cavity acoustic walls between properties.
– Fitted Howdens kitchen units including laminate worktops and splash backs.
– Soft closing doors and drawers.
– Electric oven, ceramic hob and extractor hood.
– Integrated fridge freezer and dishwasher.
– Inset 1 & ½ sink bowl and chrome monobloc tap.
– Plumbing and space for washing machine.
– Recessed downlights.
– Contemporary white sanitary ware.
– Including large single basin, P shaped panelled bath with over and glass shower screen (apartment).
– Including large single basin, walk in shower with shower tray and enclosure (duplex).
– Soft closing W.C.
– Chrome single lever basin mixer and pop up waste.
– MIRA shower head (linked to water heating system.
– Marine board wet walls to shower and bath enclosure.
– Recessed downlighters.
Ground floor W.C.
– Contemporary white sanitary ware.
– Including single basin with splash back.
– Chrome single lever basin and mixer with pop up waste.
– Recessed downlights.
Hall and Landings
– White timber handrail and spindles to staircase.
– Recessed downlights.
– Highly efficient electric panel heaters with individual thermostatic controls.
– Electric powered water cylinder.
– TV points to all habitable rooms.
– Generous provision of sockets throughout in white.
– Heat and smoke detectors.
– Security alarm system.
– Front and rear external lighting.
– Door entry & communication device.
– Secure entry control access to main lobby areas.
– Lift access to all principle entrance floor levels.
– Each apartment is linked to the communal digital and sky dish/aerial system.
– BT line to each apartment.
– White emulsion to walls and ceilings in bathrooms and kitchen.
– Magnolia emulsion to the walls and ceilings throughout.
– White eggshell painted MDF skirtings and architraves and window boards.
Internal and external windows and doors
– High specification UPVC double glazed window units with chrome handles.
– UPVC principle front door with ambulant level access (upon request).
– UPVC rear doors to balconies (Duplex only).
– White internal doors with chrome furniture.
– Secure door entry to the main entrance lobby.
– Secure remote controlled gated undercroft parking area with 1 parking space per property.
– Visitor parking.
– Secure stores available to purchase for £4000 adjacent to the ground floor lobby.
– Secure stores available to purchase for £3000 adjacent access to the stair core.
– Individual canal side garden areas adjacent to each property (Apartments only).
– South facing balconies of varying design and size (Duplex only).
– Postal boxes located in the ground floor lobby.
DIMENSIONS Ground floor Metric/ Imperial
Kitchen 6.79 x 2.58/ 22’3 x 8’6
Sitting room 5.20 x 4.84/ 17’1 x 15’11
Bedroom one 4.64 x 2.67/ 15’3 x 8’9
Bedroom two 5.32 x 2.46/ 17’5 x 8’1
Bedroom three 3.42 x 2.26/ 11’3 x 7’5
Bathroom 3.50 x 2.10/ 11’6 x 6’11
*Please note all dimensions are subject to slight modifications.
TENURE The property is leasehold with a 999 years lease. There is an annual ground rent of £150 per annum for the full term (unless withdrawn by the eventual freeholder) There is a service charge of £500 per annum, covering the buildings and lift insurance, maintenance and cleaning of communal areas.
The freehold will not be sold and once the sale of all the apartments have completed the leaseholders can then choose on either self management or appointing an agent.
PLEASE NOTE The extent of the property and its boundaries are subject to verification by inspection of the title deeds. The measurements in these particulars are approximate and have been provided for guidance purposes only. The fixtures, fittings and appliances have not been tested and therefore no guarantee can be given that they are in working order. The internal photographs used in these particulars are reproduced for general information and it cannot be inferred that any item is included in the sale.
DISCLAIMER Internal images may be from an alternative plot and show typical style kitchens and bathrooms. Dimensions are all approximate and will be given as a maximum. The EPC rating is predicted to be C once the assessment has been completed.
REFERRAL FEES Dale Eddison offer a clear and transparent policy. As such please note that we may receive a commission, payment, fee or reward (known as a Referral Fee) from ancillary providers for recommending their services to you. Whilst we offer these services, as we believe you may benefit from them, you are under no obligation to use these services and you should consider your options before accepting any third parties terms and conditions. We routinely refer buyers to the Mortgage Advice Bureau (MAB). You can decide whether you choose to deal with the MAB or not. Should you decide to use the MAB and complete a mortgage application, Dale Eddison Ltd will receive a payment of £250.
MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS Money Laundering Regulations (Introduced June 2017). To enable us to comply with the expanded Money Laundering Regulations we are required to obtain identification from prospective buyers once a price and terms have been agreed on a purchase. Buyers are asked to please assist with this so that there is no delay in agreeing a sale.
COUNCIL TAX For further details please visit the Craven District Council website.
VIEWING ARRANGEMENTS We would be pleased to arrange a viewing for you. Please contact Dale Eddison’s Skipton office. Our opening hours are:-
Monday to Friday: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Saturday: 9.00am – 4.00pm
Sunday: 11.00am – 3.00pm
Please note – with the current Covid 19 viewing guidelines, for the safety of our clients, customers and staff we ask that only two people attend a viewing at any one time. We politely request that all viewers wear protective gloves and a face mask or form of face covering.
DIRECTIONS From the bottom of Skipton High Street, bear right onto Swadford Street, continue over Belmont Bridge onto Broughton Road. Once on Broughton Road take the sixth right hand turning on to Clitheroe Street. Continue to the top of the street where the Clitheroe Street Works is located.